I knew on the journey home today that I’d a lovely week away skiing, but it seems even nicer now I’m luxuriating in the prodigal comfort of home. The cases are unpacked, a second load of washing is on, my body, hair and spirit have been fully cleansed of the grubbiness of travel in a deep, hot bath. Big J is feeding the children some much-needed vegetables, and while the rest of my little family enjoy the rugby, I am in My Room.
My Room is a space in the house which is all mine. It’s a space, I realised while I was away, that I haven’t been making as much use of as I’d like. I intend to change that. More on My Room soon.
Meanwhile, some thoughts on the holiday, and coming home:
- I love coming back from skiing holidays and realising that despite having eaten a ton of gorgeous (ie someone else cooked it) food, I haven’t put on a pound thanks to the enormous amount of energy I burned every day on the slopes. Not that I’ve been foolish enough to step on a scales, of course!
- I love that we all have lightly tanned faces (even through the Factor 50). Noone else would notice it except on olive-skinned Big J and C, but I know that my own face is ever-so-slightly beiger than its usual white and pink 🙂
- Thanks to free wifi in the hotel bar and Byline on my iPhone, I have read a lot of blogs this week! So much wonderful inspiration – home ed ideas, books to read, apps to try out, resources to investigate… The children have already immersed themselves in Wizard 101, a free online game that one of the GeekDads was enthusing about. I love Byline!
- As well as other people’s blogs and my lovely family, three fantastic books kept me company: two (non-fiction) on my iPhone, one (fiction!) in paperback (I needed something for takeoff and landing 😉 ) More on these soon.
- I loved that the children begged to go to the hotel’s kids’ club as often as they could, and both made friends there (yay, home educated and they can still “socialise”!) And I’m loving even more having them back 🙂
- I loved skiing by day and dining by night with my wonderful husband while the children did their thing. Ooh the Byline posts we shared!
- I had a great learning experience over the course of the week’s skiing. I love learning – and learning about learning. Again – more soon!